Nov 14, 2018
Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) News: 14 November 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Wednesday, November 14, 2018.
12. Heathcare.gov Data Breach: Partial Social Security numbers (SSNs), immigration status, and tax information might have been stolen as a result of the health data breach on the Healthcare.gov portal last month, according to Health IT Security.
11. Talent – SIEM: LogPoint has named Cisco Stealthwatch veteran Chris Sullivan as senior director channels and alliances for the Americas. Also, Cisco and AirDefense veteran Mike Vaillancourt is now director of sales engineering for the Americas. LogPoint is working with MSSPs and expects to provide its SIEM platform to at least 100 U.S. corporations before the end of 2018, the company says.
10. Talent – SOAR: Siemplify has hired Cisco and Carbon Black veteran Bradd Barmettler as global head of channel. Siemplify specializes in security orchestration, automation and response (SOAR).
9. Talent – Consulting: CREO, a Research Triangle Park-based management consulting firm specializing in the life sciences, healthcare, and technology services industries, has named Rett Summerville principal consultant and practice area lead for Cybersecurity and Compliance.
8. Partnership – Threat Analytics: King & Union and Farsight Security have partnered to integrate their threat analytics and DNS intelligence solutions. King & Union’s Avalon platform now allows users to access Farsight DNSDB, a passive DNS database, while also providing Farsight’s data consumers with a platform to visualize and collaborate on cyber investigations in real-time, the company says.
7. Vertical Markets: RigNet, a ChannelE2E Top 100 Vertical Market MSP, has launched Enhanced Cyber Services (ECS), which provides real-time threat detection, network visualization, and advanced investigative capabilities to energy companies.
5. Self-Fulfilling Prophecy?: Only 30 percent of organizations are confident their business will avoid a major security event in the coming two years and 60 percent believe an attack will hit in the next few years, according to an eSentire research report.
4. Government Identity and Access Management: Most U.S. federal government agencies have yet to fully adopt recommended guidelines for identity and access management (IAM), according to One Identity and Dimensional Research.
3. Security Monitoring: AWS customers can now purchase and deploy Sysdig Monitor, Sysdig Secure, and the entire Sysdig Cloud-Native Intelligence Platform directly through AWS Marketplace, the companies say. Sysdig’s platform unifies container security, monitoring, and forensics with native Kubernetes, Prometheus, and AWS services, the company asserts.
2. SIEM Alternative?: Alert Logic has unveiled SIEMless Threat Management, a new offering designed to “address today’s evolving cyber security threats, expanding compliance risks, and all-too-common resource constraints.” We’ll share more details soon.
1. SMB Security Risks: Ransomware remains the biggest cybersecurity threat to small businesses, according to a Datto study. We’ll share more details soon.
About King & Union
King & Union is a cybersecurity company based in Alexandria, Va., that has built and designed Avalon, a cyber analysis collaboration platform. Visit King & Union at kingandunion.com or email email@example.com for more information.